Junior Sous Chef - Lakeside Coastal Resort - Warner
Sous Chef - Warner
Do you want a career working for one of the Sunday Times Best Big Companies in the UK?
A rewarding career at Warner Leisure Hotels means joining one great team who aim to create a warm hearted and seamless experience across our 13 unique and beautiful Hotels and Coastal Villages.
The Purpose of the role:
As a Sous Chef at Warner Leisure Hotels you will support the Executive / Head Chef in leading and coaching a large team in delivering exceptional dining experiences for our guests in multiple outlets within our Hotels and Coastal Villages. You will work in a high performing, fast paced volume catering environment aiming to exceed our guest's needs and expectations on a daily basis.
• Accountability for delivery of exceptional food standards outlined within the department handbooks and the Warner Culture, with the aim of promoting guest loyalty and repeat bookings
• To control stock management, production levels and portion control to achieve and exceed budgeted targets for Food Cost
• To manage Departmental Budgets to support the team and guest experience, providing your team with the appropriate tools and resources for the job and the guests with an experience they will value
• To manage the Kitchen Payroll Budget to agreed level by providing the right team at the right place at the right time
• Providing a safe and secure environment by adhering to the companies Health & Safety policy and Food Safety Management System. Compliance will be measured by External Audits
• Complete administrative work relating to stock, Health & Safety and team in a timely manner
• Deputising for the Head Chef in their absence
• Ensuring your personal grooming reflects the company standards
• Taking part in all appropriate training sessions as requested
• To train & develop your team whilst leading by example
• To carry out any other duties reasonably requested by a member of the Management Team
Experience and training:
• We welcome applicants with previous Chef de Partie experience, working ideally within a large scale, 180+ room hotel or multi outlet catering environment
• You will have knowledge of training and motivating a team
• It is essential that you have a Level 2 Food Safety Certificate
The benefits of working with us:
• Free use of many of the Hotel/Coastal Village facilities and discounts off our food and retail outlets
• 20% team member discount across Warner Leisure Hotels, Butlin’s and Haven holidays for you, your family and friends
• Reward and recognition schemes including long service
• Externally recognised qualifications that will give you the opportunity to progress and develop within Bourne Leisure
• Government pension scheme
To take the next step in building the Warner career you’ve always dreamed of...apply now!
Lakeside Coastal Village
Fishery Lane, Hayling Island, Hampshire PO11 9NR GBR
16 November 2019
30 November 2019